Hermeticism: a spiritual philosophy based upon the writings of Hermes Trimegistus. Its influence on the Renaissance and the Reformation? Big time.
Mystical? Oh, yeah.
Here are the basics:
1) We’re on a spiritual journey of return to source/the Divine/God. But in order to complete that journey, we have to aspire to the Divine. We must want it, envision it, work toward it.
2) There is only one Divine, but there is a multiplicity of manifestations.
3) The Divine is both immanent and transcendent. It is within everything, and this is the connection between the above and below, within and without. Because of this law, our spiritual, inner life affects outward reality and vice versa.
4) The hermetic seeker begins the quest by pondering the mysteries of the universe, and sees the world through poetic vision.
5) There is more than one path. The hermetic seeker explores multiple spiritual paths to find pieces of the Way.
About the Author
Kirsten Weiss is the author of The Hermetic Detective, book seven in the Riga Hayworth series of paranormal mysteries.
About The Hermetic Detective
Housebound with five-month-old twins, Riga Hayworth just wants to get back in the metaphysical detecting game. But when she’s called to help an elderly woman, haunted and alone, a deadly threat follows Riga home. Can Riga prevent a tragedy and protect her family?
The Hermetic Detective is the seventh and final book in the Riga Hayworth series of paranormal mystery novels. Buy this book to finish the epic series today.