It’s another sennight of paranormal, and we have Halloween to thank for the improved quantity and quality of our paranormal news.
1)Demonic possession is back! In the movies, that is. Move over vampires and zombies, what was old is new again, and Hollywood is cycling back to possession.
2) Whatever happened to good old, magical wars? A Salem witch is suing a local warlock for phone and internet harassment. Is this what we’ve sunk to, people?
3) A doctoral candidate researches the “real vampire” community of New Orleans. And it’s… interesting.
5) And more good stuff from Atlas Obscura — the story of the creepiest, most cursed, haunted doll ever. I wish I’d seen this story before I created a creepy doll room in my imaginary paranormal museum.
6) Here’s a list of 31 monsters from around the world. Snallygaster, anyone?
7) And the rise of the “hipster witch.” This is actually a book review for Witches of America by Alex Mar, which I may now have to read. I had no idea there was a group of “witches for Bernie” laying hexes on Donald Trump. Law of threefold return, ladies…
Kirsten Weiss is the author of The Hermetic Detective, Book Seven in the Riga Hayworth series of urban fantasies. It’s coming this Halloween and available for pre-order now. She also loves Tarot, and weaves it into her books whenever possible. And it’s nearly always possible.