Get ready for another hot week of paranormal.
1. But first, we step back in time to an article from alphr on parapsychology. Why was it popular in the Victorian era and why has the scientific study died out? Or HAS IT????
2. A state in India has finally outlawed witch hunting, but experts fear the new law will do little to curb the practice. And slightly off topic, but “witch hunt” has got to be the most overused cliche in journalism today. Don’t believe me? Do a google search. I know cliches sometimes slip into my writing, but this is just irritating.
3. The official trailer for The Witch is out, and the buzz from its screenings is this is going to be 2016’s spookiest movie. Here’s hoping.
4. Not sure what to make of this one, but the Psychic Readers Network is suing General Mills for using an image of Miss Cleo in an advertisement for French Toast Crunch. And now I’m hungry.
5. Is this rabbit hutch haunted? Orbs. A mysteriously moving blue… stick thing. And most terrifying of all, a Bollywood soundtrack.
Kirsten Weiss is the author of The Hoodoo Detective, book six in the Riga Hayworth series of paranormal mystery novels. Her first cozy mystery, The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum, is available for pre-order now.