Have you ever wondered why spell casters pay attention to moon phases? [Tweet this!]
The waxing (expanding) moon symbolizes growth and expansion. The waning moon symbolizes the opposite.
In my Riga Hayworth novels, Riga uses the moon phases when she’s doing magic. So when my friend, Elizabeth Barton, told me about these three-day lunar cycle rituals for manifesting or releasing, I took notes. She’s generously allowed me to share them.
1) The night before the full moon, spend some time meditating on what it is you want to bring into your life.
2) The night of the full moon, conduct a manifesting ritual. You could perform some candle magic, carving the words or symbols for what you want to manifest in the candle, visualize and feel your desire for it going into the candle, and then light the candle and let it burn down completely (you might want to use a relatively small candle for this). Or you could simply write down what you want, stating it as if you already have it. The sky’s the limit when it comes to ritual – do what feels right and comfortable for you.
3) The night after the full moon, visualize and feel what you want occurring.
1) The night before the new moon, spend some time meditating on what you want to remove from your life.
2) On the night of the new moon, conduct a releasing ritual. You can write down what you’re releasing, meditate on it, and burn the paper (safely), imagining whatever it is you’re releasing floating upward with the smoke. Or you could do yin or restorative yoga if you prefer a movement ritual, imagining what you’re releasing drifting away with every muscle you release.
3) On the night after the new moon, visualize and feel your life free of whatever it is you want to get rid of.